1. All applicants for the Programme must be aged 18 or above on 1 January 2019.
2. All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK (incl. Isle of Man and Channel Islands).
3. Each team must be made up of 2 (two) professional chefs with particular skills and expertise in pastry/patisserie, consisting of a nominated ‘captain’ (“Team Captain”) and 1 (one) other team member (“Team Mate”). The Team Captain should typically be at Head Chef or equivalent level and still working regularly in a professional kitchen. The other Team Mate can be working at any other professional level (e.g. sous, chef de partie, commis). All applicants must be able to provide an up to date CV to support their application.
4. Each Team Captain must be willing and able to represent the establishment (“Employer”) that he or she is employed by professionally at the time of filming and the Employer must be happy for the Team Captain to take part in the Programme and represent the Employer. If a Team Captain is selected to take part in the Programme, the Employer will be required to enter into an agreement confirming this.
5. The Team Mate may but does not have to be employed by the Employer. However, he or she must be willing to represent the Employer throughout the production and transmission of the Programme, and likewise the Employer must give permission for the Team Mate to represent it in the Programme.
6. All applicants must be willing and able to attend auditions in London in September 2018. At these auditions, each team will be expected to bring two patisserie items, one of their own choosing and another in response to a brief set by the judges.
7. All selected teams/applicants will be presented with recipe requests for the entire series, at least three months prior to the Programme being filmed. This is to allow for plenty of practise time, which will be expected of all successful applicants. Team Captains will be expected to liaise with the production team on a regular basis during this practise period, to update us of how their practise is going and to inform us of their recipe plans.
8. Further to clause 7 above, selected teams/applicants will be advised well in advance of filming of what to expect regarding ingredients and equipment supplied and the nature and format of the Programme. While teams will be required to provide advance details of recipes and methods they will be using prior to filming for most of the challenges within the Programme, for some challenges teams may have little or no advance warning or preparation time.
9. Filming of the Programme is currently scheduled to take place in February and March 2019. You must be available for, and able to commit to, the filming dates, details of which will be confirmed to successful teams/ applicants (“Contestants”) during the application process. It is likely that Contestants will be required to spend at least two consecutive days per week with us during this filming schedule.
10. In addition to the main shoot filming schedule, all Contestants must be willing and able to spend at least one day filming with us at their place of work and/or at their home for “backstory” filming.
11. All selected Team Captains must nominate at least 1 (one) reserve team member, as a potential replacement in case of illness during the main filming schedule.
12. You must notify Love Productions if you have been convicted of any serious crime (other than a Road Traffic Offence), whether the conviction is spent or unspent, or whether you are the subject of pending criminal proceedings. All such convictions/information should be listed on the application form. Please be assured that such information will not necessarily affect your application or participation in the Programme.
13. You must not work (or have recently worked) for or have any business or financial connection with Love Productions or Channel 4 or any affiliate of either (collectively a “Connected Entity”), or anyone working on, appearing in or connected with the Programme (“Connected Person”) and must not be a live-in partner or immediate relative (for example, mother, father, son, daughter, brother, sister) of a member of staff of any Connected Entity or of any Connected Person Programme.
14. You warrant that all information you supply to Love Productions as part of this application for the Programme (including without limitation in relation to any criminal charges, convictions or proceedings) is accurate and you have been and will be at all times truthful and honest. If you are chosen to participate in the Programme, you agree to authorise Love Productions to conduct background checks in order to verify any of the information you have supplied and you agree to provide Love Productions with any assistance or further information necessary to do this. If Love Productions has reasonable grounds to suspect that any information you provide is untrue or inaccurate Love Productions has the right to suspend, terminate or delete your application.
15. Your participation in and compliance with the application process does not in any way constitute an agreement with or an undertaking by Love Productions for you (or any team member) to appear on the Programme. Love Productions has no obligation to produce the Programme and even if the Programme is produced there will be no obligation on Love Productions, Channel 4 or any other party to broadcast or transmit or otherwise exploit, promote, publicise or advertise the Programme(s) or include you in filming and/or in the Programme(s).
16. When selecting teams for the Programme, a number of factors will be taken into account, including professional experience, skill, enthusiasm, team dynamic and personality. Love Productions will also be looking for a mix of teams to reflect the diversity of professional chefs in Britain.
17. Initial selection will be based on the application forms and telephone interviews. In addition, Love Productions may (but may not) invite shortlisted applicants to attend an interview at its discretion.
18. You warrant that any material submitted by you as part of your application, in whatever form, including without limitation any written material, recipes and photographs (“Material”) is genuine and accurate and original to you, has not been copied or reproduced from any published source, tangible or electronic, does not infringe the copyright or any other right of any third party, is not defamatory, blasphemous, obscene or in contempt of court and does not breach any contract, duty of confidence or right of privacy.
19. By submitting your application form, you agree that, if selected, you will sign a contributor consent form granting to Love Productions (and its licensees and assignees) all necessary rights and consents for the full period of copyright (and afterwards so far as possible in perpetuity) to copy edit and/or use at their sole discretion the product of your contribution to the Programme (including the application and casting process) for any purposes connected with the Programme including without limitation the promotion and advertising thereof and all other rights (including all allied and ancillary rights) in the Programme and your contribution by any means and in any and all media now known or hereafter invented throughout the world in perpetuity.
20. You agree to keep all information relating to the application, audition and filming process of the Programme strictly confidential and you will not disclose or make any statement or supply any information or material to any person or company or to the public at any time relating to the same including without limitation on blogs or social networking platforms (by way of example, facebook, twitter, Instagram). You understand and accept that your duty of confidentiality applies and continues whether or not you are or remain actively involved in the Programme.
22. Love Productions’ decision regarding the selection of contestants for the Programme is entirely at its discretion and cannot be appealed.
23. Love Productions can only accept application forms either online via https://bakeoffprofessionals.take-part.co.uk (the “Application Website”) or by post. Love Productions will not accept applications sent via email.
24. You may only have one application subsisting at any one time. Subject to Clause 25 below, please do not attempt to create more than one application (e.g. by making multiple applications using different mail or email addresses or making multiple registrations online or using variations of your first or last name). If Love Productions has reason to believe that you have applied/registered, or attempted to apply/register, more than once in an attempt to create more than one application, Love Productions has the right to suspend, terminate or delete your application.
25. You can at any time request that your application be withdrawn/deleted by sending an email (provided, in the case of an online application, such email is sent by you from the email account with which you made your registration), with subject heading ‘Delete my Application’ to firstname.lastname@example.org, giving your full name as it appears on your application. Please note that if your application is deleted prior to the deadline for receipt of completed applications (“Deadline”), you will not be considered as a potential participant in the Programme unless you make a further application prior to the Deadline, nor will you be able to use the Application Website unless you register again.
26. Please do not let anyone else access, create, amend or delete your application.
28. Love Productions reserves the right at any time and for any reason to make changes to these Rules of Entry and/or the Deadline, to change its selection of applicants and/or to choose a replacement applicant or team to participate in the Programme.
29. The Deadline is 23.59pm on Monday 27 August 2018 (or such other date as Love Productions may determine). If you have not heard from a member of the Love Productions team by phone or email by Friday 9 November 2018, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful this time.