To be read, understood and agreed by both the Team Captain and the Team Mate
1. All applicants for the Programme must be aged 18 or above on Monday 1st January 2024.
2. You must be a resident of the UK (incl. Isle of Man and Channel Islands).
3. All applicants must be willing and able to attend auditions in London in October 2023 (we will notify you of the exact dates if you are selected). At these auditions, each team will be expected to bring two patisserie items, one of their own choosing and another in response to a brief set by the judges.
4. You must be able to commit to all the filming days required for the Programme (anticipated to be up to 16 filming days), the majority of which are currently expected to be during the period between the end of January and mid-March 2024. Should your application be successful, we will confirm the arrangements for filming and the relevant dates nearer the time. In addition to the main shoot filming schedule, you must be willing and able to spend at least one day filming with us at your place of work and/or at your home for “backstory” filming.
5. Each team must be made up of 2 (two) professional chefs with particular skills and expertise in pastry/patisserie, consisting of a nominated ‘captain’ (“Team Captain”) and 1 (one) other team member (“Team Mate”). The Team Captain should typically be at Head Chef or equivalent level and working (or recently worked) in a professional kitchen. The Team Mate can be at any other professional level (e.g. sous, chef de partie, commis). All applicants must be able to provide an up to date CV to support their application.
6. If the Team Captain is currently employed, they must be willing and able to represent his or her current employer (the “Establishment”) at the time of filming and the Establishment must be happy for the Team Captain to take part in the Programme and represent the Establishment. When the Team Captain is selected to take part in the Programme, the Establishment will be required to enter into an agreement with Love Productions confirming this. If the Team Captain is not currently employed, then if selected to take part in the Programme, they will be asked to select an appropriate team name which will be approved by Love Productions (“Approved Name”). Using the name of a former employer (or the name of the Team Mate’s employer), will require the permission of that employer.
7. The Team Mate may, but does not have to, be employed by the Establishment (if any). However, he or she must be willing to represent the Establishment throughout the production and transmission of the Programme, and likewise the Establishment must give permission for the Team Mate to represent it in the Programme. If the Team Captain is not currently employed, the Team Mate must also agree to participate in the Programme under the Approved Name.
8. All selected Team Captains must nominate at least 1 (one) reserve team member, as a potential replacement for the Team Captain and/or the Team Mate in case of illness during the main filming schedule.
9. All selected teams/applicants will be presented with recipe requests for the entire series, approximately three months prior to the Programme being filmed. This is to allow for plenty of time for the teams to practice.
10. All selected teams/applicants will be advised well in advance of filming of what to expect regarding ingredients and equipment and the nature and format of the Programme. Prior to filming, selected teams will be required to provide advance details of recipes and methods they will be using for most of the challenges within the Programme. However, for some challenges, teams may have little or no advance warning or preparation time.
11. All information supplied by you as part of the application for the Programme (including in relation to any criminal charges, convictions or proceedings) must be true and accurate.
13. You must not work (nor have recently worked) for or have any business or financial connection with Love Productions or Channel 4 or an affiliate of either.
14. You are not a close relative (for example, mother, father, son, daughter, brother, sister) or close friend of anyone who is an employee or contractor of Love Productions or Channel 4 or anyone working on, appearing in or connected with the Programme.
15. The production team's decisions regarding the application and audition process and the selection of applicants for the Programme are entirely at their discretion, final and incontestable.
16. At any stage of the application process, you agree to authorise Love Productions to conduct background checks in order to verify any of the information you have supplied and you agree to provide Love Productions with any assistance or further information necessary to do this. If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that any information you provide is untrue or inaccurate, we have the right to suspend, terminate or delete your application. You also agree that we may carry out health checks (including for example tests for Covid-19) as necessary, to ensure that you are fit to take part in the Programme, as well as any live audition or interview during the application process.
17. You warrant that any material submitted by you as part of your application, in whatever form, including any written material, recipes and photographs (“Material”):-
18. Your participation in and compliance with the application process does not in any way constitute an agreement with or an undertaking by Love Productions for you to appear in the Programme. Love Productions has no obligation to produce the Programme and even if the Programme is produced there is no obligation on Love Productions, Channel 4 or any other party to broadcast or transmit or otherwise exploit, promote, publicise or advertise the Programme or to include you in the Programme.
19. If you are chosen to participate in the Programme, you will be asked to sign a Contestant Release Form, which governs the terms of your participation in the Programme including the Rules of Entry and grants to Love Productions (and its licensees and assignees) all necessary rights and consents for the full period of copyright (and afterwards so far as possible in perpetuity) to copy, edit and/or use at their sole discretion the product of your contribution to the Programme (including the application and casting process) by any means and in any and all media now known or hereafter invented throughout the world in perpetuity.
20. You must at all times keep all information about the application process for the programme strictly confidential and must not give anyone any information or material or make any public statement or publish any photographs at any time by any means (including on blogs, websites and/or social networking platforms such as Twitter, Facebook etc.) about the application or production process and/or the Programme or any other person involved in such processes. This confidentiality applies and continues whether or not you are selected to take part in the Programme or remain actively involved in the Programme. You are not permitted to respond to any approach from the press or anyone else enquiring about the application or production process, anyone involved in the processes process and/or anything about the Programme and will refer any such enquiries immediately to Love Productions.
21. Love Productions can only accept application forms either online via bakeoffprofessionals.take-part.co.uk (the “Application Website”) or by post. Love Productions will not accept applications sent via email.
22. The deadline by which applications must be submitted is 11.59pm on Tuesday 19th September 2023 (or such other date as Love Productions may determine) (“Deadline”). If you have not heard from a member of the Love Productions team by phone or email by Friday 6th October 2023, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful this time.
23. You can at any time request that your application be withdrawn/deleted by: (a) writing to us at Take Part Applications, 15 Macklin St, London WC2B 5NG; or (b) sending an email (provided, in the case of an online application, such email is sent by you from the email account with which you made your registration), with subject heading ‘Delete my Application’ to firstname.lastname@example.org giving your full name as it appears on your application. Please note that if your application is withdrawn/ deleted prior to the Deadline, you will not be considered as a potential participant in the Programme unless you make a further application prior to the Deadline, nor will you be able to use the Application Website unless you register again.
24. You must only set up one log in to the Application Website and can only apply once to each series of the Programme. If Love Productions believes that any applicant has more than one log in or that an applicant has submitted more than one application (per series of the programme), Love Productions may decide not to consider that applicant to take part in the Programme.
25. If you are assisting or making an application on behalf of someone else, you must have their permission before submitting the application and consents contained within the application must be given by the applicant themselves.
28. Love Productions reserves the right to make changes to these Rules of Entry and/or the Deadline at any time.